Wednesday, June 10

Mourinho open to swap deal for Arsenal target Cech.

The Portuguese remains adamant that he would not sell the 33-year-old to a Premier League rival but admits that he would be unable to prevent Roman Abramovich from doing so Chelsea boss


Jose Mourinho has hinted that he would be open to a potential swap deal involving Petr Cech.

Goalexclusively revealed in June that Cech's preference is to join Arsenal this summer, having lost his place as Chelsea's first-choice goalkeeper to Thibaut Courtois last season.

Mourinho has remained adamant that he will not allow the 33-year-old to join another Premier League club but admits he would be unable to persuade Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich from selling.

When asked if he believed Abramovich would sanction a sale, Mourinho replied: "Perhaps. Perhaps. Every club that is interested in Petr, I can find a player that I like in that team too.

"My answer is not important. My answer is not important because the owner is the owner, he is the person with the perspective I admire a lot, respect a lot. He respects a lot of people who do important things for him.

"Since 2004 to 2014-15, 10 years of success with the club, 10 years of unbelievable behaviour. I will have to accept any decision that the owner has.

"I'm different. I have the same respect for Petr that everybody at the club has, but my answer would be, no way. If the answer is different I will accept that."

No comments:

Follow agathanews.com on Facebook